Monday, September 7, 2009

Internet Chat Abbreviations

Are you found of chatting online? Does your mind mixed up what are those abbreviations meant? Instant messaging has spawned a short-hand language to help communication more quicker. Here are some common and popular chat abbreviations I've encountered for the past 6 yrs of chatting online.


AIGHT - All Right
AKA - Also Known As
ATM - At The Moment
ASL - Age/Sex / Location
ASAP - As Soon As Possible

B4N - Bye For Now
BRB - Be Right Back
BTW - By The Way
CYA - See You
C2C - Care to Chat or Cam to Cam

GBU - God Bless You
G2G - Got to Go
FTW - For The Win
FYI - For Your Information
IC - I See
IC - Internet Connection

IDK - I Don't Know
IM - Instant Message
IMO - In My Opinion
JK - Just Kidding
L8R - Later

LDR - Long Distance Relationship
LMAO - Laugh(ing) My Ass Off
LOL - Laugh(ing) Out Loud
M/F? - Male or Female?
MSG - Message

NP - No Problem
OIC - Oh I see
OMG - Oh My God
OP - Out of Place
OP - Original Poster

PM - Private Message
ROFL - Rolling On Floor Laughing
TC - Take Care
THX - Thanks
TOM - Tomorrow
TY - Thank You

TTYL - Talk To You Later
TTYT - Talk To You Tomorrow
U2 - You Too
XOXO - Hugs and Kisses

WTF - What The F*ck
Y - Why
YW - You're Welcome
143 - I Love You
4ever - Forever

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails