Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Phonetic Alphabet


This topic is related to my work back home. I was a ticket agent in an airline company where in I am in line of customer service. One thing related to my profession is to receive phone calls of the passengers or a personnel from travel agencies. Formally, in order for us to understand with each other, specifically in a phone conversation, we have this alphabet assigned words called as Phonetic Alphabet. Instead of spell out the letters, we have to spell it out through these word code.

A - Alpha
B - Bravo
C - Charlie
D - Delta
E - Echo
F - Foxtrot
G - Goat / Golf
H - Hotel
I - India
J - Juliet
K - Kilo
L - Lima
M - Mama
N - Nancy
O - Oscar
P - Papa
Q - Queen/ Quebec
R - Romeo
S - Sierra
T - Tango
U - Uniform
V - Victor
W - Whiskey
X - X ray
Y - Yankee
Z - Zebra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails