Sunday, May 27, 2012

Chicken Penne Pesto Pasta

Last night, I made a fantastic dinner for hubby and I. It was my first attempt to cook a penne pesto pasta all from scratch and it was a success! I searched the ingredients and of course I added some of my personal preference. So I am sharing the recipe to you guys so you can try it. Enjoy!

You Need: 

2 pcs of chicken breast
1 lb. of penne pasta
1 medium size onion
1 cup mushrooms
half green bell pepper (optional)
1/2 cup milk

1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. flour
1 tbsp. butter

For pesto sauce:

1/4 cup of almond and pine nuts
3 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 cup fresh basil
1/4 cup Olive oil

Toast the pine nut and walnuts together in a pan until brown. In a food processor, combine almond, pine nuts, garlic and grind them together. Add olive oil, basil salt and pepper and process them  until pesto is pureed.


Note:
1. If you want it easier and quicker,  you can put the sauce into a cook pasta and cooked chicken. Combine them together and you're done! 
2.  Another choice of  preparing them since I like my pasta more creamier, I made more sauce and did it in my own style below ;).


Here's How:

Heat a large pot of water to boil for pasta. Salt the water and add pasta to cook to al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside.

1. Cook the chicken in a frying pan.
2.  In a separate pan, put the butter and saute' onion, bell pepper and mushroom. Add the flour after 5 minutes, the flour will make the sauce thicken enough.
3. Add milk, Parmesan cheese pesto sauce. Stir them for a minute.
4. Then add the pasta and stir them together.
5. Season it with saute and pepper to taste. 

Happy eating! :D

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails